You will be collecting the keys to your new home really soon but you need help! You either have too many ideas swimming around in your head for its decor, or no idea at all where to start given a blank canvas. Deciding on a design theme will help you paint the look you desire in broad strokes, making it easier to narrow down colour schemes and material selections. Then if you like, you can think outside the box and create hybrids of your favourites styles such as Japandi, the amalgamation of Japanese and Scandinavian aesthetics. Available in a wide variety of designs, laminates are great materials to use to create any of the themes we’ve outlined below. So choose one (or two) of the design themes and read how Lamitak laminates can contribute to fulfilling that vision. We’ve already done the homework for you!
Scroll down to start exploring design themes, or go straight to the theme you’re interested in by clicking the link:
Alternatively, take our personality quiz to find out which theme suits you best. Click on the button below!
(You will need Facebook Messenger to take the quiz.)
Combining the look and ambience of expensive luxury with clean streamlined forms and unfussy decorations, the modern luxury style is extremely popular with local homeowners. Get this classy look without the hefty price tag with laminates inspired by exotic marble and wood varieties that are easy to install and maintain too! Bring modern luxury into your home with the ideas in these articles.
- How to bring the look of modern luxury into your kitchen
- Low key luxury is high on sophistication – get the look with Lamitak’s laminates
- This new co-living space makes us want to take a staycation, with luxe designs created with Lamitak laminates
- This home achieves its swish hotel-like interiors thanks to just one laminate design. Find out what it is!
- Design Talk – Find out how this interior designer used Lamitak laminates to create the sophisticated, yet cosy interiors of this home
- This luxurious apartment uses laminates in the most unexpected way! Explore this home with us
Explore the Lamitak laminates you can use to create modern luxury:
- 7 dark sophisticated looks to create with laminates
- 4 luxurious walls that are not marble, but laminates!
- The Next Big Thing in laminates is here! Lamitak’s bookmatched marble laminates will revolutionise home design
Featured laminate (on the wall): Steniar Knarvick Birch WY 5280D
The Scandinavian style is a perennial favourite among homeowners for its simplicity which prioritises function above needless decorations. Hygge, a Danish word describing a sense of wellness, is created in Scandinavian homes through the use of lots of natural materials such as wood in lighter tones (due to the Northern Europe climate), and by layering textures for comfort and cosiness. To create this look, seek out Lamitak’s range of wood-look laminates in light bleached hues, and soft solid colours such as pastels. Get inspiration from the articles below.
- Must have elements for the perfect Scandinavian style home
- Level up the Scandinavian look with Lamitak’s new wood-inspired laminates
- 5 Hygge inspired looks you can create with laminates
Featured laminate (on wall): Mateo L’Ametlla DXP 1366K
The industrial look has evolved through the years, from gritty raw surfaces and bare brutalist interiors to the current hybrid that includes some polish and shine in the chosen furnishings to create interesting contrasts, but the key elements remain the same. Concrete will always be a starring character in an industrial design scheme, the other usual suspects being oxidised or rusted metal surfaces. Get all of these looks with concrete- and metal-look laminates from Lamitak, featured in the following articles.
- Turn your living room into a modern industrial den with these laminates
- The industrial look has evolved. Embrace its new refinement with Lamitak’s latest laminates
- We are in love with this SPAC3. You will want its industrial chic style – created with Lamitak laminates!
- 6 Ways to Rock the Industrial Look in Your Home with Laminates
- Want the aged industrial look for your walls? These six laminates will do the trick!
- This is Lamitak’s most gritty industrial design yet. Find out more about the edgy Humboldt Street laminate
These real-life makeovers take the edge off a hardcore industrial look for more family-friendly appeal.
- Makeover Magic – See how the unruly mess in this bachelor’s bedroom was tamed with smart space planning and design
- Makeover Magic – Tailor-made for two, this living room is everything this father and daughter wanted
When we think of retro style, colours invariably come to mind. Each decade seems to be defined by its own palette of colours – in the 50s, it was dull mustards, greens and browns (think TV series Mad Men), which morphed into the bright optimistic yellow and oranges of the 60s and 70s, and then into the happy bubblegum pink and turquoise of the 80s. Lamitak has 150 solid colours laminates to choose from, so go ahead and pick the colours which best define your idea of retrolicious. Otherwise, get some inspiration from these articles!
- Hit the colour wheel and use Lamitak laminates to create a retro wonderland in your home
- Makeover Magic – Too many shoes and not enough storage made a huge mess in this living room. See the transformed space here!
We might have moved on from the traditional rustic cottage style popular in the 80s, but we can still spot its influence in the form of some charming details. The modern farmhouse look appears contemporary with white or light colour schemes and clean profiles, but is expressed through features such as mouldings applied as a border to cabinet doors (as pictured above) or to replicate the look of a barn door with a ‘Z’-shaped brace. Brass or porcelain handles and knobs add a finishing touch to the interiors. The articles below show how some elements of this look have been incorporated into modern interiors.
- Makeover Magic – Used by an avid cook, this kitchen was overflowing with clutter; it was time to redesign the space
- Makeover Magic – This bright and clutter-free home is exactly what this three-generational family needed!
Simple and Contemporary
If you rather not commit to any specific decor theme, this one is a crowd pleaser for its neutrality. Keep to the tried-and-tested combination of wood tones and white for a basic and contemporary look that will not date any time soon. Keep to simple well-made furnishings, and add colours in the form of accessories which you can subtract later on if your tastes change. Check out how to create a neutral and versatile canvas for your home with the following articles.
- Makeover Magic – This living room became fit for family again with a design that created more space for quality time together
- See how laminates helped create a cosy ambience in this home with a high contrast colour scheme
See the Lamitak laminates featured in this post at the Lamitak Studio at 114 Lavender Street, CT Hub 2 #01-61, Singapore 338729. For more information, contact the studio at 6592-5200 and email@example.com; or drop by during the opening hours below:
Monday to Thursday: 10.30am–6.30pm
Saturday: 10.30am - 4.30pm
Sunday and Public Holidays: 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Click here for directions!
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to our blog by adding your email address to the form on the right. You’ll be the first to hear about our updates!