COVID-19: IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SINGAPORE
In line with the local government recommendations, TAK Products & Services and Lamitak Studio have adopted new measures to break the local transmission of COVID-19 by adjusting our operations and working hours. Click here for more.
Lamitak Studio is closed from 7 April to 1 June 2020.
Work from home arrangements from 7 April to 1 June 2020.
Normal operation resumes on Tuesday, 2 June 2020.
Our online store for sample orders is open as usual.
Delivery will be fulfilled when we resume normal operations in response to the enhanced enforcement for circuit breaker measures.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
What do you do when you want birch from northern Europe, stone from Rome, and marble from Italy’s best quarries in your home, without a million-dollar renovation budget? You turn to laminates! Today’s advanced printing technology and production methods have created laminates that are doppelgangers to materials such as stone, metal, fabric or wood, with physical textures to match.
However laminates now are not just about replicating designs and patterns, at least not to Lamitak. As part of a design narrative, laminates can enhance a mood, create a scene, or evoke a location. Many Lamitak laminates feature designs that are based visually as well as conceptually on the natural as well as built world, captured on the team’s travels in search of inspiration. We delve into Lamitak’s laminate designs and discover how you can create not just great design, but great stories with them.
Scroll down to start exploring Lamitak's laminate designs, or go straight to the laminate design you want to know more about by clicking the link:
Almost everyone loves the look of wood in their homes for its qualities of stability, familiarity and cosiness. Pale-coloured woods such as pine or birch are associated with countries with cooler climates such as northern Europe, while here in tropical Southeast Asia, golden teak hues are more ubiquitous. With laminates sporting woodgrains taking up a large portion of Lamitak’s catalogue, you can just about get any wood look and hue you desire.
Explore wood-inspired laminates from around the world with these articles:
- Level up the Scandinavian look with Lamitak’s new wood-inspired laminates
- Dreaming of European oak or Japanese beech surfaces for your home? Check out these wood-inspired laminates!
- Explore Lamitak’s latest wood-inspired laminates and the amazing locations that inspired them
- Behind the design – the story of Lamitak’s wood-inspired Rialto Pine laminate
Check out these articles to get creative with wood-look laminates:
- 7 inspiring kitchens that use wood-look laminates perfectly
- Wonderful ways to use wood-look laminates
- Warm wood-inspired laminate designs – see how this evergreen tone is a new contemporary favourite
- Cut up your laminate sheets and create these 5 stylish wood-inspired looks!
Featured laminates: Pilar Nogal Americano WY 11274D (on wall), Camel SCA 5129D (on panel) and Litno Alameda Wood WYA 1239X (on shelf)
Photo reproduced with permission, Home & Decor © 2016, SPH Magazines Pte Ltd
- Choosing a wood-design laminate for your home? Here’s our number one tip for making sure what you see is what you get!
Featured laminate: Copper Patina DXN 4326M (on wall)
Photo reproduced with permission, Home & Decor © 2016, SPH Magazines Pte Ltd
Going for shiny metallics for a luxe vibe, or trendy weathered aesthetics for that rugged industrial look? Lamitak has a wide repertoire of metal-look laminates that’ll play up your decor scheme, but unlike real metal, laminates will never oxidise or rust!
Find out just how amazing metal-look laminates can look in your space with these articles:
- Would you use rusty metals in your home? You’ll be surprised at the sophisticated looks metal-look laminates can create!
- This is Lamitak’s most gritty industrial design yet. Find out more about the edgy Humboldt Street laminate
- Behind the design – we reveal the city which inspired the industrial vibe of Lamitak’s Alma Patina laminate
Natural marble is beautiful, but it might not be practical for some applications at home due to the high cost of the material or challenges in installation as well as maintenance. With marble-look laminates, you can finally enjoy that ‘marble-clad’ kitchen island of your dreams. The bonus is how easy it is to keep it clean.
Read these articles for ideas on incorporating marble-look laminates in your home:
- 4 luxurious walls that are not marble, but laminates!
- The next big thing in laminates is here! Lamitak’s bookmatched marble laminates will revolutionise home design
- You’ve never seen marble-inspired laminates like these ones before
The streets of Barcelona, the ancient architecture of Rome, a historic town in Naples Italy – these are locations behind the evocative designs of the Ramblas, Marmo Flavio, and Ercolano laminate collections from Lamitak respectively. The design of these stone-look laminates express the character of stone as shaped by the forces of nature over time, making them truly timeless.
Learn how to use stone-look laminates in this article:
Mention the industrial look and bare concrete surfaces come to mind. The outcome of a concrete surface depends very much on the skill of the person pouring and levelling the surface. Homeowners will not face this problem with concrete-look laminates, which are also easier to care for and won’t crack or discolour over time. The textured surfaces of Lamitak’s concrete-look laminates up the realism of the material.
Read about Lamitak’s concrete-inspired laminates here:
- 6 ways to rock the industrial look in your home with laminates
- The industrial look has evolved. Embrace its new refinement with Lamitak’s latest laminates
We add soft furnishings such as cushions and rugs to our interiors to ‘relax’ the space and create warmth. Similarly, we can utilise fabric-look laminates to achieve this objective with their patterns and subtle textures taking after textiles such as denim, twill, felt and silk.
Discover Lamitak’s fabric-inspired laminates in this article:
SOLID COLOUR LAMINATES
Add a splash of colour to your decor with one or a few of Lamitak’s 150 solid colour laminates. The rainbow of hues available feature everything from the brightest reds to the palest pinks, as well as blended shades such as blue-greens. Coloured laminates provide consistently even hues and are an easy way to create decorative effects such as colour blocking on wall or furniture surfaces.
Dive into the decorative possibilities of Lamitak’s solid colour laminates here:
- Go blue for 2020. We show you stylish ways to inject the Pantone Color of the Year into your home!
- Hit the colour wheel and use Lamitak laminates to create a retro wonderland in your home
- 5 cool examples to show you why blue is the next big colour trend to hit our homes.
- 6 fun creative ways to use solid colour laminates from Lamitak
PRINT & PATTERN
Featured laminate: Miscela Mono ART 1006 XM (on table)
Lamitak broke new ground with artäk, a capsule collection of prints that reflect a playful and creative spirit. These on-trend graphics, which reference terrazzo and the bold Memphis movement of the 80s among others, provide a fun light-hearted feel to any space.
Find out more about artäk here:
- Are you a daring decorator? You’ll fall in love with artäk, the new collection of laminates from Lamitak that’s nothing you’ve seen before!
Create an account on the Lamitak website to request free laminate samples by mail* and to keep track of your favourite laminate designs! Just click on the button below.
See the Lamitak laminates featured in this post at the Lamitak Studio at 114 Lavender Street, CT Hub 2 #01-61, Singapore 338729. For more information, contact the studio at 6592-5200 and firstname.lastname@example.org; or drop by during the opening hours below:
Monday to Thursday: 10.30am–6.30pm
Saturday: 10.30am - 4.30pm
Sunday and Public Holidays: 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Click here for directions!
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to our blog by adding your email address to the form on the right. You’ll be the first to hear about our updates!